Translate

Friday, September 18, 2015

Wrought iron chair revamped

 Grab a wrought iron chair... Sand it down, then hose it down and let it dry.
 Apply some primer and let it dry. I applied a general all purpose primer but I know you get primer specific to metal. Our local hardware store didn't have any though.
 Paint it with some spray paint. Give it a few coats, letting it dry in between coats. My husband was drawn to the pastel yellow colour in the shop and so that is what I used.
 I don't think I sanded it down properly, or perhaps I should have paid more attention to the flaking paint.
 I might just redo the arm rest part. Or perhaps I will leave it like that for a while and see how it holds up. If it stays looking good for a couple of weeks and the flaws don't annoy me terribly then I will leave it as is. If not then I'll redo it when I do the rest of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment