Translate

Monday, September 14, 2015

Reusing old jars


Wash the jar and let it dry. I can't remember what this one held but I think it was some or other spice or sauce.
 Paint the lid in chalkboard paint. Give it a few coats and let it dry.
 Spray the back of a stencil with contact adhesive or use stencil glue. Wait the recommended time according to the manufacturers directions.
Place the stencil on the jar. I taped the top and bottom down because my stencil was a little big for the jar.
 Follow the bottle directions on the etching cream to apply the product to the jar. Wait the recommended time. Mine said to wait 2 minutes but a previous product I had worked with said to wait 30 minutes so I decided rather safe than sorry and waited about 20 minutes. PS: Don't forget to wear rubber gloves and protective clothing.
 Wash the cream off (not forgetting your protective gear). Remove the stencil and tape. Give the jar a good wash with warm soapy water or running it through the dishwasher.
 Once it's washed and dried then find a nice use for your "new" pretty jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment